Brands have been using social media influencers in marketing campaigns for a long time. As the practice has grown over the years, many individuals have become celebrities with millions of followers and they can charge thousands or tens of thousands of dollars for a social media campaign or even a single Instagram post.
As influencer marketing has become more expensive and sometimes less effective, many brands look at micro influencers as partners in online campaigns.
So how can brands use micro influencers to increase engagement online? In this webinar, digital marketing consultant Shane Barker goes through the process of finding, contacting and using micro influencers to drive engagement.
His definition of micro influencers is that they are:
- Social media users with 1,000 to 100,000 followers
- Specializing in a certain niche
- Could be everyday consumers (they are very genuine, more down to earth, more like ourselves)
Some of the advantages of using micro influencers is their ability to engage, since their engagement rate normally is higher than for an influencer with a larger following:
- Average engagement rate for influencers with fewer than 2,000 followers is 10.7% (source: influence.co)
- Average engagement rate for influencers with 100k to 150k followers is 2.5%
- Average engagement rate for influencers with more than 1 million followers is 1.5%
Watch the video above to learn more about how to use micro influencers in your digital marketing campaigns.