Technorati has just released its latest State of the Blogosphere 2008 report. Technorati now tracks 133 million blogs, but only 1.5 million of those blogs were updated during the last 7 days.
Here are some of the findings, with comments about the Swedish blogosphere as a comparison (from the BlogSweden 3 survey).
– 66% of the bloggers are male. 73% of European bloggers are male. (Swe: 76% are female)
– 50% are 18-34 years (Swe: 55% are 16-25 years)
– Female bloggers: only 9% are 18-24 years (Swe: a large portion, don’t have exact figures right now, are 16-20 years)
– Female bloggers: topics are more likely to be personal. 66% blog about personal musings (Swe: female blog readers like to read blogs about fasion and design (53%) and everyday life experiences (52%)).
– Women blog to stay connected and to make connections. (Swe: Female bloggers blog to a higher extent than male bloggers to get in touch with others and to stay in touch with friends and family)
Personal/lifestyle most popular blog topic.
Sweden: the most popular blog topics to read is “everyday life experiences”.