Yesterday, I had a long talk with a journalist about personal branding and social media. We talked about how I started this blog and how it has developed over the years. As a matter of fact, today I am celebrating seven years of blogging on Media Culpa, which I started on Feb 17, 2004 (actually a little earlier, but those first test posts were deleted before going live on this domain).
To celebrate the occasion, I thought that I would share some small details about the past year for this blog.
- 72% of my visitors are from outside of Sweden. During the last 12 months, the blog has gotten visitors from 162 different countries/territories, including Turks and Caicos Islands, Kyrgyzstan and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Sweden is the top country (28%), followed by USA (23%) and UK (7.1%).
- 50% of all visits came from search engines.
- Top referring search key words: “twitter handle”.
- Most read post, is an old post from 2009: Strategies for choosing Twitter handle (see above).
- Most read new post: BP oil spill and social media, which still ranks in the top 10 in Google for “BP oil spill”, between Huffington Post and the Guardian.
- Most retweeted post (79 times): Flickr reaches 5 billion photos, which also was picked up by TechCrunch, CNN, BBC and hundreds of blogs.
If you want to follow my blog, don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS feed or “like” it on Facebook.
Photo credit: Melanie Hughes.