Kairos Future have studied youth between 14 and 18 and their views about online integrity on behalf of the Swedish Data Inspection Board. Some interesting findings include:
– About half of the respondents 51 % say they have been thinking about information concering their private life.
– 54 % say that someone has written nasty things about them online.
– They are more willing to reveal religious and political views than personal information like who they are in love with.
– Girls are more active bloggers than boys.
– Girls are more reluctant (71%) to reveal other personal information than their names online, than boys are (58%).
– 17 % of Facebook users regret they have put up a text or a photo on the social network. It is more common among girls than among boys.
Full report here, in Swedish.