The key findings show that:
– 72% of PR and marketing professionals cite the creation of artificial, overly promotional corporate blogs as the principal mistake that companies make when attempting to blog.
– In addition, 50% cite “obvious ghostwriting” as another significant blunder that they have witnessed with corporate blogs.
– 50% also cite companies that just “blog for blog’s sake” as a problem that they have seen.
On the positive side, the survey showed that:
– Most respondents (62%) agree that the blogosphere is an appropriate venue for corporations to communicate with stakeholders.
– 80% of respondents feel that a corporate blog can help improve the dialogue between a company and its stakeholders, customers, and employees.
– 79% feel that a corporate blog helps position the company / chief blogger as a thought leader.
Link via Communication Overtones.