It is Monday and time for a quick check on what has been written about Sweden during last week. Here are the topics that were among the most frequently covered by international blogs and media (linked posts are just examples):
- Pastor sentenced for hate speech against homosexuals – old news, still being debated
- Saddam ‘hopes for Swedish jail’ – hilarious claim especially when considering the two successful escapes from Swedish jails the last weeks
- Sweden has a mobile phone penetration rate of 100.1% – it fascinates people that Sweden now has more cell phones than people
- Elegant Stockholm full of surprises – “Stockholm is one of the most underrated destinations in Europe. Views across the waterways of the stately baroque and renaissance buildings easily rival those of Paris or Prague.” Now that’s good PR. (From last week’s article in Washington Post, free reg. required)
- Tokyo Style, Japanese design showcased in Stockholm
- Tennis: Molik claims Nordic Light Open title
- and of course, the new IKEA catalouge is out – news doesn’t get any bigger than this, right?